Wednesday, December 14, 2011

LOVE & LUXE'S CUTEST COUPLE CONTEST -- VOTE NOW!

Here they are: the entrants for the first annual Love & Luxe Photography's Cutest Couple Contest. Some of you have asked: why host such a contest right before Christmas? Wouldn't it make more sense to do this around Valentine's Day?

Well, of course it would make more sense to do such a thing! And I may shift this over to early January in the coming years, but for now, I consider it my way of being able to give one of you a Christmas present. I know, that's awfully cheesy ... but I really am very thankful for every person who choses to follow my work, and this is just one of the ways I can think of to give back to you.

So, with that aside, I present to you nine very lovely couples. I know we are a visual society, so it may be tempting to just scroll through and vote on what you find to be the cutest photograph, but I really encourage you to read the answers to the survey I required these couples to send in. There's a lot of funny moments and very touching advice in them. I encourage you to vote for the couple whose story touches you the most -- whether it's because of the humor they present or because of the emotions they stir inside of you.

* Please remember, voting will run from December 14, 2011 until 11:59:59pm on December 24, 2011. The winner will be posted both on the blog and on the Facebook page (click here to view & follow, if you'd like) by 12pm on December 25, 2011. Winners will be contacted by the email address used to send in the entry forms. 


** You are allowed to vote up to 1 time a day. Any suspicious behavior suspected can and will leave the couple in question subject to termination. Please do not abuse this feature. :)

*** I've tried to hide or disguise many of the locations given in the answers, to help protect privacy. If for any reason you feel uncomfortable having something listed on here, however, please contact me immediately so that I may either disguise it more or remove your entry altogether. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with anything listed on this blog. :)

-------------------------


1: What are your names? Christopher & Amanda
3: How did you meet? We met while we were both working at McDonald's.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? I guess the first move was made by me (Amanda). I was sitting at a table talking to my friend while she was on her break. Chris came up behind me, leaned over and put his face right next to mine and I licked his face. I have no clue why I did it and I know it's gross, but that's what I did. I gave him my number and told him to call me when he got off work. He called me and we talked all night. We started dating a couple of weeks later.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? I would say the most special day for me was the night he asked me to marry him. I thought he was mad at me because he was being so strange and kept going out and wouldn't let me go with him. It was his birthday and he took me to see the Christmas lights in the park. We drove around for a bit, then he parked the car and said he wanted to walk around to look some more. I had just got out of the shower and my hair was still wet and it was FREEZING outside, so I didn't want to get out of the warm car. I finally got out and just kept going on and on about how sick I was going to get, when I turned around and he was down on one knee with the most amazing ring I had ever seen. I just started laughing and crying all at the same time. I felt so bad for complaining when all he was doing was trying to make it so special. I still feel like a goober when I think about it.
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? Right now, I have to say our goal is to make it through his deployment that is coming up in March. It is going to be the hardest thing we have been through yet.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? We have both learned not to sweat the small stuff, or the big stuff for that matter. After everything that we have been through, we just have to trust that everything will work out for the best, and our love will only be stronger in the end.


1: What are your names? Ashley & Brian
3: How did you meet? We met on the internet, through having mutual friends on Facebook. We started talking on there and then he decided that we lived too far apart because there is an 80 mile difference [between us]. Then, a couple of weeks later, he decided that he would text me again because he thought I was sweet (to hear him tell it). We talked for a couple of weeks and decided to meet up in TN on July 17th, and have been together ever since. We've learned that the distance wasn't as bad as what we thought it would be.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Brian made the first move. As soon as I got out of my SUV in TN, he gave me a big hug and kiss. Best kiss of my life! He said that he wanted to get it out of the way because we had talked for so long, he felt like we already knew each other and he didn't want either one of us to have to worry about it for the rest of the night.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? A special date for us would most definitely be the Buck Creek Trail Ride and Concert that was a charity event for St. Jude. It was very special for us because cancer is very dead to our hearts. Not only did we get to see an amazing concert by Mr. Johnny Lee, but at the same time, we knew that all the proceeds were going to a wonderful foundation.
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? A goal that we have is to make the distance between us a little shorter. We would like to move to a central location that is convenient for the both of us.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? We've learned that in the almost five short months that we've been together, that we've already had to deal with some major issues, but we've managed to stick together and build a strong relationship. Brian and I are so in love with each other and I couldn't imagine any issue that could come our way that we couldn't deal with. 


1: What are your names? Bethany and Travis
3: How did you meet? We actually met when I was in about 5th grade because his grandma would bring him to my church on special occasions. I used to run away from him, and I would pretend not to remember him. In junior high, we both went to the same church camp, and I got to know him better. When I transferred to Jackson my sophomore year, our friendship grew even stronger through drama club with the Bobby Clubbs.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Travis made the "first move." I was so shy at 16! He had taken me to two formals as friends, but I knew prom was special. A couple of weeks later, we talked on the phone into the wee hours of the morning and revealed our feelings for each other. I told him he had to talk to my dad first, and he said sure, and then I actually said I want you to wait about two months because I am crazy scared about having my first boyfriend. And he did. :) We started dating on August 14, 2006.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? Travis and I have been dating for 5 years, so it was difficult to come up with one "special" date because most of the special things in our relationship are simple and repetitive. We are almost like an old couple with our habits like eating at Texas Roadhouse, getting Andy's Custard, and watching Joe vs. the Volcano. When we visit his mom, there is a beautiful garden of azalea bushes that we like to go to and feed the squirrels. We just sit on a blanket for hours enjoying nature and each other. It is our favorite spot.
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? Our goal is to see the world together. We both have adventurous spirits and have a long laundry list of places to travel. One our favorite movies in the whole world is "UP." We would love to go to Australia someday because neither one of us has been there, and we want to explore somewhere for the first time together.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? My biggest relationship advice to couples is to never give up on each other. Travis and I have been through a lot: long distance, deaths of loved ones, etc. I do not think a lot of people in high school thought we would last, but we have. We have given each other room to grow up in our own way, and even though we are completely different than we were in high school, we are still in love and look forward to what our futures together might hold.


1: What are your names? Jason and Cori
3: How did you meet? High school ... Jason was a sophomore & I was a junior.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Jason always had a crush on me in high school, but he went off to college & we lost contact for a while. After he moved back & we reconnected, I would say that it was a mutual thing. We just had this connection with each other & we realized that we didn't want to live without the other.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date?  I think my most special was the day that he proposed.  All of our families were gathered at my parent's house for, what I thought, was a celebration for a milestone in Jason's business.  At that time he had a real estate TV show & he decided to propose to me at the end of the show.  We were all gathered around & the "TV Jason" was proposing & when I looked at the "real Jason," he was down on one knee!!  It was a beautiful surprise!  We were on the front page of the newspaper & the local news even did a story on us!  So awesome!!
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? To always love each other...through the good AND the bad.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? COMMUNICATION!!  Marriage isn't always easy & when you stop communicating with each other, you lose an important piece of your relationship.  And ALWAYS keep God at the center, because without Him things will surely crumble!


1: What are your names? Clint & Courtnie
3: How did you meet? A mutual friend.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Courtnie did! I sent him a private message on Facebook.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? We went to El Bracero to eat lunch being that I have an hour break. We got done early so we drove around talking. He asked me to marry him because I eat cereal for supper!!!
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? To put God above all and be best friends first and foremost!! And to have our own happy family.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? You have nothing without trust. We have trusted each other from the get-go and have never had any doubts about one another. We are always laughing and joking around. Keep things simple and don't sweat the small stuff!!



1: What are your names? Matthew and Hillarie
3: How did you meet? Matt was working for my cousin building his house. I was always around because I was new to the area and didn't know anyone, I stuck close to family. Matt and I never spoke to each other. One day I decided to talk to him. I asked him the dumbest question, "how does that line of chalk get on the tin?" He stared at me and said, "umm... its called a chalk line you just put the string on the material and it leaves a line of chalk." He looked at me like I was some idiot city girl. That was the end of that conversation.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? A couple weeks later after seeing each other a few more times we both (not knowing of course) asked my cousin for each other's numbers. He gave us them but told both of us that the other would text first. So we both waited 5 days with no contact. Finally Matt messaged me on Facebook asking if I got his number, we found out what happened and laughed it off. So we started texting and Matt asked me out to go to a haunted house with him and a big group of people. I went and said to myself after that date I would never go out with him again. Boy was that a lie.
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? Weeks later I was bored and called Matt, he was available, and we went on a second date. This date would be my favorite and most special date. The date that made me know he was a keeper. Matt took me to Trail of Tears. It was mid fall and being a Cali girl I had never seen fall like a fall in Missouri. I was obsessed with all the beautiful colors and crisp air. Matt I guess caught on to this through facebook stalking me. At the beginning of the date he gave me his camera. He said wherever you want to stop to take pictures tell me and we'll stop. He literally stopped every minute for me. He just smiled and laughed. We casually got to know each other a little better, and well the rest is history.
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? Our number one goal we have set in our marriage is to keep God first. We want to honor Him through our vows and we strive to live them out, with his help, each and every day.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? Pray through it. Praying through things is super different then pushing through it. In the good and the bad praying through EVERYTHING is key.



1: What are your names? Our names are Ryan & Johnna McAnulty (aka the Macs, and, when we're feeling extra cheesy/lame, the Mac attacks).
3: How did you meet? We both ended up in the same town by kindergarten but didn't meet until we both attended the same church, a few years after graduation.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Ryan decided, after cultivating a friendship, to surprise me by speeding from class to be on the van from my town to the SHS football game. After a night of fun, football, and hanging with students, we dropped the van off at the church parking lot. There, under the blinding light in the front of the parking lot, Ryan asked me to be his girl. He said we'd figure out the long distance thing one day at a time :)
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? Our 1st official date was a month later. We saw Walk The Line. It was November (and FREEZING) and I wore a cute lace jacket. Walking to his car, we see broken glass near his door. That glass was his window! He gave a statement to the police inside their warm car while I was cutely getting freezer burned. And I got to meet his parents as they brought us their car to finish our date in. If that wasn't a recipe for forever...
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? Our goal is to live for God and each other daily while impacting our world through relevant and genuine relationships without the drudgery of religion. (and, of course, to get a fabulous photo shoot :D) 
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? Our advice: fairy tales and sitcom marriages aren't real. Marriage is work and not always a party- neither is being single- but it's worth it. You just can't do it without surrounding yourself with family, support, and the real Jesus. 



1: What are your names? Jordan and Andrew
3: How did you meet? We met at arbys when i was sixteen haha, he told me i was "too young for him" ;). Three years later he messaged me on facebook and he says he couldnt believe i responded. We had our first date and he gave me a handshake! geez. Almost three years now, and its the best decision i have ever made.
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? He made the first move (finally) at his parents he asked me to stay and watch a movie and he finally kissed me by tricking me and saying i had something on my shoulder, ps this was at least our 6th date. I figured he didnt like me bc what 23 year old man is afraid to kiss a high school senior?
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? One of our most special dates was the night before he had to leave to afghanistan. It was nothing special we went out to eat came home and just laid in bed all night holding each other, one of the most emotionally charged moments in our relationship. Also the most frightening moment as well, its hard to describe how you feel when you know in 12hours or so you wont see the man your so madly in love with for atleast 9 months, and that wasnt even a guarantee.
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? One goal we have set is VERY cheesy but we REFUSE to go to bed angry at one another and REFUSE not to kiss each other goodnite. We went an entire year without it and i, nor he will ever go another night again.
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? "To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."This is one of our favorite quotes, simply if your love can endure distance, time and seperation it wont fail with everyday pressures.


1: What are your names? Ben and Katelyn 
3: How did you meet? We met on the worship team at our youth group! We sang at an encounter. 
4: Who made the first move? How did they do it? Ben made the first move! He started inboxing me on facebook! LOL We just hit it off and it’ll be 3 years on February 24th for us!
5: Give a short recap of your most special date and/or funniest date? It was my freshman year at Saxony high school and Ben and I had been dating for almost a year! I had a choir concert at the mall and I really wanted him to come! I went to my locker to get all my stuff out because that was the last day of finals before Christmas break began! As I am turning the hallway I see a handsome man standing at my locker …come to find out it was my Ben! I started blushing and was filled happiness! It was my prince charming waiting for me at my castle fixing to sweeping me off my feet and kicking off my break in style!! 
6: What is one goal you have set for your relationship? One goal we have is always to put Christ first in our relationship! Reason being is because having Christ as number one priority in both our lives it makes it much easier for our relationship in our goals, priorities, ambitions and dreams. God in the center keeps us in balance! 
7: Finally, what is the most important piece of advice you've learned through your relationship? Being in a relationship has its ups and downs. When we recognize that occasionally one of us is going to have a bad day it makes it easier for the other one to be there! Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree, but in the end everything will work out how its suppose to because God is always in control! 


-------------------------


  • Amanda & Chris
  • Ashley & Brian
  • Bethany & Travis
  • Cori & Jason
  • Courtnie & Clint
  • Hillarie & Matt
  • Johnna & Ryan
  • Jordan & Andrew
  • Katelyn & Ben

1 comment:

  1. Come on people, vote for Katelyn & Ben!!!!!!!! They need our votes!!!

    ReplyDelete